Independent Study Culture and Curriculum
"The support and integration of the Pacific School teachers, staff, and students makes the Independent Study an ideal hybrid program."
Terra Barsanti is the teacher for the 2nd through 6th Grade IS Classroom.
Jenny Cross is the teacher for the Kindergarten/1st Grade IS Classroom.
The Independent Study program offers a dynamic, multi-age classroom in a unique 2-day-at-home, 3-day-at-school environment.
Click on the Frequently Asked Questions for deeper investigation of the program.
Click on the IS Supplemental Handbook for program details in printable .pdf format.
Click on the Application to begin paperwork for entering the program.
Pacific School District Governing Board will review and evaluate the Independent Study Program annually in May based on the following criteria:
- Continued enrollment in the program with a minimum number of students
- Adequate measurable academic progress of students
- Satisfaction of students & families
- Evaluation by the Supervising Teacher
- Recommendations from the Principal/Superintendent